Exploring and learning my way in and around Atlanta has been such an adventure! Â I have gotten to shoot in some great spots already like The Varsity, Little 5 Points, Sope Creek, Piedmont Park, the Botanical Gardens, the abandoned Pullman Yard, Downtown Marietta, and so many other cute areas but I’m constantly trying to create a growing list of location ideas.
I’ve been jumping in my car and just driving around imagining doing an engagement session here and a family session there.Â Some folks have also given me some truly brilliant ideas as well. I love the challenge of finding unusual and unique places to shoot as well of some of the more traditional spots. I want and need both Urban and Rural!
Here’s a list I’ve been putting together and some of them require permission and/or a fee and possibly a bit of trespassing (wink) and if you know of any sweet spots you’d be willing to share, I’d love to hear about them!!
- Piedmont park with the ATL skyline
- Georgia World Congress Center
- Big Tree Preserve
- Agnes Scott College
- Local bar or cafe that you are a regular at.
- Georgia Aquarium
- Millenium Gate
- Neighborhood farmer’s market
- Sope Creek and Paper Mill Ruins
- Southeastern Railroad Museum
- Stone Mountain (the mountain and the lake)
- Sweetwater Creek
- Little 5 Points
- The Old 4th Ward
- Any old town squares
- Renaissance Midtown Hotel (view of the city)
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Cabbage Town and Krog St.
I’m sure there are a million more and I can’t wait to find them. What are your thoughts??